Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
I grew up in Sussex, NB. Attended the University of New Brunswick for undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree, and then graduated veterinary school from the Atlantic Veterinary College, UPEI, in 1997. I live just outside of Halifax with my husband and two children, our Golden Retriever, four cats, two house bunnies, and a snail named Stripy!
I can't say that I chose the veterinary field; it has always felt like it chose me. The animals themselves, the client-patient-veterinary bond, and the ability to improve quality of life are all components of what I love in this vocation.
I especially enjoy soft tissue surgery, dentistry, preventive medicine, and senior/geriatric medicine.
Our clinic members are a working family; together we strive to improve the lives of pets and their families and offer one another an incredible support network. Even on a bad day, there is no other place I would want to be working!
I have somehow kept a school project snail alive for the past eight years, and am hoping he's around for many more!
If you need to give your dog medication, learning how to do it right will make the process easier both for you and your pup. Remember to always follow the instructions given by your veterinarian and be sure to administer the full amount of medication over the number of days instructed by your vet.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.443.9385. One of our staff members will obtain a history via phone and meet you at our front door to bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return your pet to you outside once the veterinarian discusses a recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive vaccinations for adult dogs and cats as well as puppies and kittens. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN but are now working with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Monday to Friday 10am-2pm, 4pm-7pm; and Saturdays from 10am - 2pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will take payment over the phone and place the items in a pickup bin located just outside our front doors.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.